Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rain glitters magic sparks

When I am alone
The stark dreariness of reality seems to gnaw at me
Like a teething puppy chewing a rubber ball
Indulgently at first, but with an increasing intensity

That thrusts me into the lowest depths of despondency
Then the rain, at first merely a casual acquaintance
Turns into an intimate confidant
As it enchants me with its bewitching frivolity

Luring me out of this oh so humdrum world
And into a mesmerising distortion of reality
The engaging pitter-patter, the delicious smell of fresh mud
And the wet, wet raindrops that run down the nose

Lull me into a trance from which I would rather not wake
Though I am conscious of a restless tug
That seems to draw me back to reality
It’s so much easier
To lose yourself in the other world

Bathed in hues of sepia and Technicolor
Asphalt glimmers – A black, angry river
In whose perilous waters vehicles thrash
Struggling valiantly against being engulfed
In its livid intensity.

The leaves that sway rhythmically
To the feral music of the rain
Induce me to revel
To revel in its tumultuous glee
The gloom that had visited me so often
Is banished from the other world

But it slinks intently along its faint boundaries
Diabolic and wily
Ready to spring upon me
With the agility of a wildcat
Once I step [however cautiously]

Into the glum precincts of reality
The rain has an almost regal air about her
Altogether very suave and posh
Pulsating sparks of magic dance within her
That can bewitch, spellbind, entrance

When the swirling nebula begin to gather
Her enticing whispers barely heard
I know she’s come for me
To lead me to the other world
Where I could live
For all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment